Skip to toolbar

2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 Adventure

Home Forums Off Topic Off Topic 2017 Kawasaki Versys X 300 Adventure

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    secoda
    Participant

I traded the scooter off for a second new light adventure bike. Light weight (375 lbs.) enough to haul camping yet full size with 19/17″ dual sport tires for some fire road duty. It’s perfect for when the wife or son want to ride along on the twisties here. I got a good deal on it since the 2018’s are already out this was one of the many leftovers the dealers are dumping. It has the Ninja 300 engine which is high-rpm parallel liquid cooled twin at 40 HP. It is light weight and mild mannered yet it will do 75 on the interstate just fine. About a 250 mile range with a 4.5 gal. tank. I wanted the graphite ABS one and it is being delivered on Tuesday to my house when they pick up the scooter. I had them toss in a center stand and it still needs a dual USB power outlet.

You sit upright on this beast and the ergonomics are perfect for me but even my wife can get on it and not be tippy toed. The seat is a few inches lower than my 2014 V-Strom 1000.

iride
    Participant

Never seen one before, Must be slipping.
    Cool looking bike
    Mike

secoda
    Participant

Suzuki (V-Strom 250), Kawasaki (Versys 300), and even BMW (GS 310) are all introducing these light adventure bikes for their lineups. More to come…

zonk
    Participant

Where’s the trailer hitch???

secoda
    Participant

I was helping my buddy shop for a side-by-side yesterday. He is looking at a Polaris Ranger and a Honda Pioneer at different dealers. He likes that the Honda is only 50″ wide for the paths through his woods (50 acres). I think the Polaris was 58″. The little two-seat 4X4 Honda is on sale for $7000 with the DCT transmission. You can leave it on auto-shift or use the paddles.

zonk
    Participant

Love my 2017 Polaris Ranger 900XP with power steering. Clear view doors going on it after we get back from Brimstone Tenn riding our 2015 Polaris Razor 900EPS.

secoda
    Participant

This guy isn’t up to a Razor. lol I just talked to him after test rides and it’s the Polaris hands down.

secoda
    Participant

I have been riding all this this week with the leaves in full color using the V-Strom. The Versys seat is being customized and comes back on Monday. If it was this nice all year round I couldn’t afford to live here. lol

The Missouri Ozarks

Can you spot the winery in the picture?

My backyard

secoda
    Participant

Greg likes puppy dogs. This is one spoiled dog but very well trained. He is nine months old now and the smartest dog I have ever met. He thinks he owns the place. He knows roughly twenty commands and does some things from my facial expressions alone. Simply an amazing dog and a comedian. He makes everything into a challenge or a game. He can stand and hop on his two back legs (second pict). Amazingly agile too. (and he was only $2000 because he isn’t the right color for show (reddish mahogany and darker shades) but can still do agility competitions – otherwise he would have been $10k – as much as an airgun or five lol) They are a bit pricey because they are somewhat rare in US. He is strange because you can almost converse with him. He is totally alert and focused on whatever you are saying. Honestly, he is smarter than some of my wife’s cousins from the city. 😛

Belgian Tervuren named Legend – he loves to pose

Let’s see your Schnoodle or Pit do that. lol

Anonymous
    Inactive

Not like, love dogs ….. only “like” bikes, “it” don’t love u back.
    LOL, my dog understands more words than my old boss I had.

……… just joking with yah Coda, beaut that bike you got …. .. light and nimble I bet.

~ Greg

secoda
    Participant

I just had a custom seat made for the new light adventure bike. It makes riding a slice of heaven. It should arrive on Monday. They use your height, weight, and inseam plus whatever you want to customize the seats. They are very wide with supporting wings and so comfortable for all day rides.

https://www.terryscustomseats.com/

It’s hard to believe Legend looked like this six months ago.

secoda
    Participant

New custom Terry Adcox saddle on the Versys. It’s a slice of heaven.

secoda
    Participant

Beautiful riding day again.

secoda
    Participant

Added crash bars and Madstad adjustable windshield. More FARKLE’s on order.

gfinch
    Participant

In one of my lives (dog shows)my trainer had a Utility and Schutzhund hound trained Belgian Malinois and Boxer. Very, very smart dogs.

Bikes sure have changed over the years since I had them(60s-70s)another life.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.