2 pin spanner wrench

Home Forums AirForce Talon/Talon SS 2 pin spanner wrench

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    joea
    Participant

Hi
    Does anyone know where I can get the 2 pin spanner wrench used to remove the brass valve insert on my Talon SS tank? I need to replace the oring .
    Thank you

birdman
    Participant

Joe , where did you buy your Talon SS from ? . If you bought your SS from Air Force Guns you should have had
    the spanner wrench included , if not , then tell them they forgot to include the spanner wrench , which they
    will send to you free of charge .

Anonymous
    Inactive

You might want to give TAG Tony a call or PM him.
    Dyotat100 / Doug is a member here on TAG that’s an expert with AF guns too.

Make sure u dump all air ……….
    Not sure how to remove the brass insert but to remove the valve you can use a steel rod, some heat the neck of the bottle if it’s hard to loosen.
    http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36736#p380490

hum, after removing/pulling out the Top Hat I would think u could use a large flat blade screw driver to remove the brass insert ?
    But then again I never had to remove or change out the valve O-ring on my AF guns ……. so what do I know ?

Here’s the Valve Parts Locations hope that helps yah.
    http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36779#p380856

~ Greg

joea
    Participant
    quote birdman:

Joe , where did you buy your Talon SS from ? . If you bought your SS from Air Force Guns you should have had
    the spanner wrench included , if not , then tell them they forgot to include the spanner wrench , which they
    will send to you free of charge .

I bought it used many years ago when they first started producing them. I believe he sent me everything so I will have to go look in the original box. I spoke to AF already…I ordered the o ring from them but she said I needed to find a spinner wrench. Didn’t offer to sell me one…only offered to service the tank for labor and shipping cost

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joea
    Participant
    quote GKU:

You might want to give TAG Tony a call or PM him.
    Dyotat100 / Doug is a member here on TAG that’s an expert with AF guns too.

Make sure u dump all air ……….
    Not sure how to remove the brass insert but to remove the valve you can use a steel rod, some heat the neck of the bottle if it’s hard to loosen.
    http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36736#p380490

hum, after removing/pulling out the Top Hat I would think u could use a large flat blade screw driver to remove the brass insert ?
    But then again I never had to remove or change out the valve O-ring on my AF guns ……. so what do I know ?

Here’s the Valve Parts Locations hope that helps yah.
    http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=36779#p380856

~ Greg

Thanks Greg…mine is an older one before they started using the screwdriver slot

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anonymous
    Inactive

I see ……….. I never seen a vintage AFG in person …….. very cool !

I’d try and ask Tony or Doug …….

Adjustable Spanner Wrench are sold on Amazon, u’d might want to check/search there, just not sure which one will fit your application ?

Also, if u can find 2 bit the size that fits the holes perfectly u can use a table vise.
    Fit the ends of the bits into the holes on the valve and hold them in place while clamping the bits into the vise tightly, then turn the bottle to loosen.

~ Greg

joea
    Participant
    quote GKU:

Adjustable Spanner Wrench are sold on Amazon, u’d might want to check/search there, just not sure which one will fit your application ?

Also, if u can find 2 bit the size that fits the holes perfectly u can use a table vise.
    Fit the ends of the bits into the holes on the valve and hold them in place while clamping the bits into the vise tightly, then turn the bottle to loosen.

~ Greg

Great idea about using the vise! I seem to remember a wrench that came with the gun as Birdman mentioned. I have to go get the box out of my attic but your approach is the current Plan B!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joea
    Participant
    quote JoeA:

quote GKU:

~ Greg

Great idea about using the vise! I seem to remember a wrench that came with the gun as Birdman mentioned. I have to go get the box out of my attic but your approach is the current Plan B!

Plan B worked Greg!

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s great news Joe !

Wow that’s a real old oring ….. 😐

Post some pics of your Talon when u can.

– Greg

rrdstarr
    Participant

Do you have a welder? Finish making your wrench by cutting the nubs of and silver soldering them or welding them. Then you always have a wrench. Made one two years ago for an earlier TalonSS I have.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes u can make one ……….. but how often will u’ll be using it ?

Had no idea that the Top Hat stem can’t be removed/pulled out of the vintage AF before removing the valve.

If u have a drill press, use an old box wrench, quarter inch maybe or something of the size needed.
    The hard parts is getting the right spacing at that perfect distance needed … drilling the 2 holes right though.
    Cut off 2 lengths of rod …….. keeping them at minimum length such that the tool lies flat on the valve face.
    Glue them using JB weld epoxy ………..

~ Greg

big-tim
    Participant

I know this is an older thread but what I used when I had a talon ss was a wrench for golf cleats.

rphaeldenver
    Participant

GEOLYTICS INC.

Antony
    Participant

Hey guys, I’m in need of help fixing a 0.25 Gunpower (airforce Talon)

Any hints or tips? Or anyone in the uk that could fix it for me?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.