Reply To: lathe trouble

Home Forums General Mods/Machinists lathe trouble Reply To: lathe trouble

cygnus-x-d82
Participant

thanks for the links….there is a bit of chatter…but my cutting die usually fixes this….

the problem is that the tool is not hitting the same place, couple of cuts and it cutting a groove as supposed to…and then suddenly decides to cut the top of the thread, basicly ruining the whole thing

i have tried that cutting at an angle….i messed up and gave up after a couple of try’s

i think i had mine at a 29 degree angle ….but from the wrong angle…i will try that again tomorrow see if helps with the chatter….cant get much worse….

using the numbers…as long as you use the same everytime your fine no matter what….but some threads alow you to just pick one instead of waitng for a particular one to come around…

got the frame threads done on 2 pieces and on one practice piece….then the tip broke off the tool as i got too eager….and the carbide tools i bought where very cheap…its not the first time it happens…luckily i was done and i allready got some bits that i made my self…so im ready for some machining tomorrrow….

the treads going in to the bottle actually came out pretty good i think…after a quick grind with a thread file…they look good…and they screw into the bottle real nice…no wiggle…no slack…just smooth