Reply To: Which Digital Video Recorder? and editing Software?

Home Forums General Optics/Nightvision Which Digital Video Recorder? and editing Software? Reply To: Which Digital Video Recorder? and editing Software?

y
Participant

I love my Sony Camcorder. Its tape based MiniDV though and admittidly I havent checked into HDD based camera’s or those mp4 solid state mini camera’s.

I do have video recording on my Regular still camera (canon IS S2), but its uncompressed and takes a ton of room so I dont often use it.. Plus it might actually be bigger than my DV camcorder.

When Cygnusx gets back from the hog hunt I’m sure he’ll have some good input on this as he just bought a Wide Screen camera, cant remember if he went MiniDV tape or HDD, but its a Sony and it can record SUPER slow motion for like 4 seconds….. You gotta hit record and then do what u want to do real quick. It works pretty good, but the quality isnt as good as the regular mode and it needs decent lighting.

I use windows movie maker to capture footage over firewire from mycamera and then use virtual dub to edit it (google virtual dub and you’ll find it, freeware too). I installed Sony vegas and adobe premier, but they both jam up my system as its quite old.