It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:57 am

Welcome to TalonAirgun.com Guest!    Register  Or performs the  Login       

Information: The foremost Website for the discussion and tuning of AirForce Airguns

(American Made blodnob valves)

Selling or Buying? You've come to the right place.

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing, Y

(American Made blodnob valves)

Postby selphb » Sat May 23, 2009 8:20 pm

These valves have a burst disc integrated into them to meet DOT safety guidelines, and also have a bleed off hole to prevent the user from unscrewing the tank while full of air, if the tank is unscrewed under pressure the air will vent before turning into a rocket her are some pic’s of the modified blodnob valve will also come with a heaver hammer spring.

I will be taking orders if you want one please put ill take one in this thread and send me an email at brad@selpharms.com so I can make sure I have everyone’s contact info the price for the valves will be

$168.00 with free S&H in the US

Send payment to the address listed below and don’t forget to put your screen name in with your payment, and for those on the list out side of the US I will be getting the S&H charges figured out but will need your address so please send me an email to brad@selpharms.com.

If you want to use Paypal please send payments to brad@selpharms.com and make sure to put your screen name with your payment so there isn’t any mix-ups, there will be a charge for using Paypal so the total will be $174.72

THANK YOU

Selph Arms
ATN Brad
16670 S IH 35 unit A
Buda TX 78610

Blodnob Valve adjustment instructions.

First thing you have to realize, this is a valve that needs to be adjusted for your setup, when they were sent out they were only assembled and not adjusted, because everyone has different setups and calibers so here are the basic assembly and adjustments, after you have the valve setup remember never to adjust past the o ring engagement.

Step #1
Install valve stem.

Step #2
Install spring.

Step #3
Take top hat and install set screw.

Step #4
Take top hat and install it on valve stem.

Step #5
Adjust set screw until it is flush with top hat, and then screw top hat into valve until it stops on valve stem.

Step #6
You have completed the initial adjustment and when the top hat is pressed down should look like the picture below.

Step #7
Here is a picture of how the set screw looks in the top hat when it is at full adjustment.
Last edited by selphb on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:50 pm, edited 12 times in total.
selphb

Postby dog » Sat May 23, 2009 10:02 pm

I have a stock Condor and a 12" barrel what I would like to know is the benefits of using your valve.

Thanks,

dog
Random avatar
dog

Postby selphb » Sat May 23, 2009 10:26 pm

For one the valve isn’t made cheaply as the AF ones her are the differences

The valve takes less force to open than the AF valves because the springis installed on the front end of the valve and not the rear.

This valve can be adjusted with a flat head screw driver in the front opening There isn’t little screws to mess up.

The delrin piece is screwed into the valve stem instead of pressed in.

And overall better appearance and function

If you are familiar with blodnobs reputation you know this is a proven valve the only thing I did was modified the design and put a burst disk in to meet DOT regulations
selphb

Postby c_rex » Sat May 23, 2009 10:53 pm

Hey bub-
I think he meant; more fps/fpe(?), less wasted air(?), that sort of thing. Having read a bunch of threads I know many Mssr.s here rave about the Blodnob so it's got ta be the goods. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna get one of these but will need to read up again on exactly what folks have seen the Blodnob do for them particularly with respect to a .25 conversion. . It definitely looks better!
Random avatar
c_rex

Postby get the blue jay » Sat May 23, 2009 11:29 pm

all I see is the valve housing :shock: where is the rest of it?

what kind of springs, top hat and that type of stuff is it going to come with, when do we get to see the finished product, and when are we going to get some numbers from the ones your making, both shot count and speeds?
Aim Small - Miss Small
Rest In Peace Spackels....1999 - 2010
get the blue jay

Postby Varminter » Sat May 23, 2009 11:57 pm

Blodnob told me he was having someone else on our side of the pond make his valves. Glad to see it's finally here. Good job selphb :D
Varminter

Postby Picudo » Sun May 24, 2009 1:25 am

Selph:

I'll take 2 (Dos)!!
Picudo

Picudo

Postby selphb » Sun May 24, 2009 7:10 am

get the blue jay wrote:all I see is the valve housing :shock: where is the rest of it?

what kind of springs, top hat and that type of stuff is it going to come with, when do we get to see the finished product, and when are we going to get some numbers from the ones your making, both shot count and speeds?

I forgot to load the other pictures last night so here you go, and I should get some free time next weekend to go and do a shot count and speeds.
selphb

Postby selphb » Sun May 24, 2009 7:14 am

Picudo wrote:Selph:

I'll take 2 (Dos)!!

23 left
selphb

Postby nalby » Sun May 24, 2009 8:49 am

i'll take one
Thanks Jim

TalonSS 25cal, Marauder .22, B26,
nalby

Postby get the blue jay » Sun May 24, 2009 9:47 am

selphb wrote:
get the blue jay wrote:all I see is the valve housing :shock: where is the rest of it?

I forgot to load the other pictures last night so here you go, and I should get some free time next weekend to go and do a shot count and speeds.

cool, I'll be looking for them.
also what about the springs and such?
Aim Small - Miss Small
get the blue jay

Postby selphb » Sun May 24, 2009 10:18 am

nalby wrote:i'll take one

22 left
selphb

valve

Postby Brew » Sun May 24, 2009 10:45 am

ill take one have spare talon tank should make the .25 go down the road :18 :18 :18
Random avatar
Brew

Re: valve

Postby selphb » Sun May 24, 2009 10:50 am

Brew wrote:ill take one have spare talon tank should make the .25 go down the road :18 :18 :18

21 left
selphb

Postby dog » Sun May 24, 2009 10:52 am

I should get some free time next weekend to go and do a shot count and speeds.[/quote]

Thanks for the info, looking forward to seeing your results.
Random avatar
dog

Postby selphb » Sun May 24, 2009 3:28 pm

20 left
selphb

Postby get the blue jay » Sun May 24, 2009 4:12 pm

are you going to answer my question about the springs that the valve will come with?
Aim Small - Miss Small
get the blue jay

Postby Buzzcat » Sun May 24, 2009 5:30 pm

Selphb, I'm fully aware of Blod's rep with the valve, but I'll chime in here because I'm ignorant about the subject. (no surprise, ay? :lol:)

Bottom line, what's the upshot of installing one of these?

FPS/FPE? More shots per fill? Or anything else?

Just looking for net benefits.

Also, does the valve require a heavier hammer or spring (other than stock) to make it work like it's supposed to?

Just askin' and kickin' tires.... thanks.
NEVER have I been through such a lion fight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwirWWnzJKM
Buzzcat

Postby selphb » Sun May 24, 2009 6:33 pm

get the blue jay wrote:
selphb wrote:

cool, I'll be looking for them.
also what about the springs and such?

It will be coming with a heavier hammer spring, I will be eventually be offering a spring kit with different weight spring so people can mess with different setups.
selphb

Postby selphb » Sun May 24, 2009 6:35 pm

19 left
selphb

Next

Return to For Sale