It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:38 am

Welcome to TalonAirgun.com Guest!    Register  Or performs the  Login       

Information: The foremost Website for the discussion and tuning of AirForce Airguns

What is the Edgun R3

Any threads that are EdGun specific should go in here.

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing, Wingman NZ

What is the Edgun R3

Postby FREESPOOL » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:50 pm

I cannot find any info on this gun-what is it? Thanks,Jim
Random avatar
FREESPOOL

Postby jag » Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:24 pm

Lol. Are you sure you looked around? A google search or even on this very page if you look down a bit you'll see: EdgunUSA Youtube Channel is launched. Ted has some great vids.
http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Enjoy!
jag

Postby Fast and Danger » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:53 pm

R3 is Restyle #3

As I understand from reading bits and pieces on Edgun and other gun forums. It should have very nice Italian stock. New and improved custom barrels made specifically for Edgun by WL. And some other tasty improvements.

Get in line =)

I am on the list as one of the 25 first lucky future owners of R3 Long .25 Matador =)
Fast and Danger

Postby bleece » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:42 am

jag wrote:Lol. Are you sure you looked around? A google search or even on this very page if you look down a bit you'll see: EdgunUSA Youtube Channel is launched. Ted has some great vids.

Enjoy!

We're looking for info, pictures, or even vids of the R3. But there is no "Great vid" there about the R3.
Thanks.
Last edited by bleece on Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Random avatar
bleece

Re: What is the Edgun R3

Postby zocoloco » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:05 am

FREESPOOL wrote:I cannot find any info on this gun-what is it? Thanks,Jim

The Gun has not been producED yet, - so no pictures exist but in our minds......

Very few spesifications have been releasED.... :D

The R3 is a limititED EDition EDgun Matador to be produced in a quantity of 25 only. According to ED himself most of them have been spoken for already. The remaining few has causED chaos in ED's order system. People from all over the world have signED up without knowing what they will get, when they will get it, or what damage it will do to their plastic cards...

This is a typical advancED symptom of the malign disease "EDgunitis" (a sideorder of "Airgunitis") which is spreading very quickly within the borderless cyberworld callED "Airgunia"....... :wink:

Cheers...... :D

Postby koljo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:08 am

The R3 is yet to be made, presumably early Spring, and will be based on the Edgun Matador Long .25 cali. :)

PS. Beat me to it by a FEW TENTHS OF A SECOND, Zoko. Not a very good time, considering you are YEARS YOUNGER than me :D
koljo

Postby oldgoat » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:17 am

Ok guys, here is my very long take on the R3.

About a year ago, Ed posted that he was testing a .25 caliber long version Matador. He said that he wasn’t happy with the life of the air valve. The valve would only last 10,000 shots. I think that Ed was wanting to make a mid size game hunting gun out of it. He set it up to shoot Eunjin 38 grain pellets at around 950 fps. Eunjin pellets are not accurate. The .25 long shot 25.4 grain JSBs at 1040 fps and that was too fast for them.

In all fairness to Ed, he was trying to get the owner of the JSB pellet factory to start making heavy .25 cal. Pellets. Ed also said that the gun was designed for .22 cal. and that the .25 was pushing the guns limits.

Jeff (Mamcrackin) and I started emailing Ed begging him to send us a couple of guns. Ed finally got tired of our whining and sent us one each.

We both ended up turning down the regulator and reducing the hammer spring tension. Jeff ended up at 915 fps and I am at 950. Jeff is still on his original air valve, I broke one at 7,500 shots. I am happy with that, 2 valves cost me $70 shipped and I can change one in 20 minutes.

Jeff and I both prefer out .25s over our .22s.

I have got a couple of PMs from guys that tried to buy .25 longs and Ed wouldn’t sell them one. I think that Ed, being the perfectionist that he is, wouldn’t feel right selling any more .25 longs till he got on top of perceived issues.

Now, to my thoughts on the R3. I think that it will have a new barrel mounting system, similar to the Veles or Morana. I think the gun will shoot 25.4 grain JSBs in the 890-950 range. Ed said that the Morana has a new hammer design; I think we might see it on the R3. I also think that the R3 will be more accurate than my .25 long. My .25 probably averages less than 1.5” 5 shot 100 groups. Just my thoughts. Time will tell how close I was.
Have Edguns, Will Travel.
oldgoat

Postby koljo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:30 am

Thanks very much indeed, mate!!! :D

A real "eye-opener" of a post. I love it when someone shares in an honest and unbiased way their EXPERIENCE!

I do hope Ed will come up with a WINNER in this calibre too.

Nikolay :wink:
koljo

Postby oldgoat » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:52 pm

Nikolay, I don’t have any inside info. I do know that Ed wasn’t satisfied with the .25 long and wasn’t going to sell any more of them.

Now he announces that he is going to sell a restyled R3 version. From following Ed’s work, I know that he is constantly improving his guns and, in the last couple of years, has brought out the Lelya and Veles and the soon to be released Morana.

If Ed is going to make a R3, it follows that he has changed the .25 long enough to give it a new designation. It also follows that Ed has made enough improvements, to the .25, that he is now happy enough with the new gun to begin selling them again. Ed had stated that he wasn't happy with the .25 longs accuracy. I think mine shoots pretty damn good. If Ed has improved the accuracy, the R3 will really be somethng!

I have always thought that Ed was making a mistake by not selling anymore .25 longs. Was if perfect? No, it needed the fps turned down and it will need a new valve every 7,500-10,000 shots. I am very happy with my .25 long and very seldom shoot my .22 standard anymore.

Do I need a R3? No I don’t. I love my .25 long and should be saving the $1900 for my early retirement, due in a couple of months, but if Ed has made improvements to an already great gun, I have to have one!

For me, the fun is trying to figure out just what the hell Ed did to improve the gun. I am like a little kid, under the Christmas tree, shaking my wrapped Christmas present trying to figure out just what in the hell is in the box!
Have Edguns, Will Travel.
oldgoat

Postby zocoloco » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:50 pm

oldgoat wrote:For me, the fun is trying to figure out just what the hell Ed did to improve the gun. I am like a little kid, under the Christmas tree, shaking my wrapped Christmas present trying to figure out just what in the hell is in the box!

My Dear Old Goat, - it is certainly comforting to find there are soulmates out there that never grow up. Age, senility and impotense may easily be conquered by this wonderful Edgunitis of ours which makes us all look like fools in the eyes of the young.....

If only they knew........ :wink:

PS: The R3, - still a bolt action ? Or based on the Lelya/Veles mechanism ? Anybody with a qualified guess ?

Cheers...!!! :D

Postby koljo » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:21 pm

Aha, re-surfaced again, you silly old lecher!!!

Tedd and Zoco, I don't have a qualified guess about the R3, I only want it to be so good that Tofazfou turns his Rapid into a safe queen :twisted:
koljo

Postby jag » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:34 pm

bleece wrote:
jag wrote:Lol. Are you sure you looked around? A google search or even on this very page if you look down a bit you'll see: EdgunUSA Youtube Channel is launched. Ted has some great vids.

Enjoy!

We're looking for info, pictures, or even vids of the R3. But there is no "Great vid" there about the R3.
Thanks.

Whoops. Humble Pie. I stand corrected. I gave much too quick of a response by not noticing the R3 designation. My apologies. It may have been in haste that I didn't notice it or it may have been due to the beverages that I had consumed that evening knowing that I had the next day off. Or both.
It's good to learn about the R3 from all quality information that has been posted.
jag

Postby zocoloco » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:57 pm

Don't worry, with an avatar like yours, - you'll always be updated...... :D

Return to EdGun