It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:01 am


Welcome to TalonAirgun.com Guest!    Register  Or performs the  Login       

Information: The foremost Website for the discussion and tuning of AirForce Airguns

Tests for TK's new Minni Compressor? How to "break"

All general AirForce chat to go in here.

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing, Y

Postby nalby » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:11 am

OK just filled my airforce tank from 0-3000psi took 1hr 25min. all I can say is I did not have to pump yeah!
Thanks Jim

TalonSS 25cal, Marauder .22, B26,
User avatar
nalby
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:06 pm

Postby synopsys » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:04 pm

That's not bad at all... Takes me a good half hour with breaks and all.

I wonder how long it would take to fill from about 2000psi... Sounds like just enough time to shoot a tank full of air. :wink:
synthetic-operating-system
Random avatar
synopsys
 
Posts: 7221
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:00 pm

Postby gimmick » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Those are very reasonable numbers for the AF tank. If you own two AF tanks then you can put them on rotation or pre-charge both before the next session.

When does he expect to sell to the general public? Am I right in thinking he's in "trail mode" at the moment?
Random avatar
gimmick
 

Postby Voltar_1 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:30 pm

Took 40 minutes to take my 800cc Vulture tank from 1850 to 3,000psi

Walter....
Maker of Bigbore Condor doing 466fpe
Trying to catch Cygnus :):)
User avatar
Voltar_1
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Love my Talon SS » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:58 pm

"I love Christmas lights.
They remind me of the people who voted for Obama.
They all hang together;
half of them don't work, and the
ones that do, are not that bright."

Hoot
User avatar
Love my Talon SS
 
Posts: 3190
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:23 pm
Location: Greenwich, CT.

Postby gimmick » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:24 pm

He may be confusing H2O vs HPA capacity of his 67cuin tank. i.e. his tank has 67cuin of H2O volume but actually contains 67cuin*207bar/1728cuin= 8cuft of compressed HPA at 3000psi - which takes four hours to fill. Four hours at 8cuft translates to 44 hours at 88cuft assuming the pump system is linearly efficient.

I suspect the first stage compressor cfm plays a large part in the overall system. I wonder if a 120psi vs an 80psi shop compressor would significantly affect the fill rate of a tank and whether it becomes less of a factor as the tank approaches its final pressure?

For the AF tank at 490cc = 29.9cuin*207bar/1728cuin=3.58 cuft (at 3000psi)

My head hurts.
Random avatar
gimmick
 

Postby Voltar_1 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:15 am

gimmick wrote:He may be confusing H2O vs HPA capacity of his 67cuin tank. i.e. his tank has 67cuin of H2O volume but actually contains 67cuin*207bar/1728cuin= 8cuft of compressed HPA at 3000psi - which takes four hours to fill. Four hours at 8cuft translates to 44 hours at 88cuft assuming the pump system is linearly efficient.

I suspect the first stage compressor cfm plays a large part in the overall system. I wonder if a 120psi vs an 80psi shop compressor would significantly affect the fill rate of a tank and whether it becomes less of a factor as the tank approaches its final pressure?

For the AF tank at 490cc = 29.9cuin*207bar/1728cuin=3.58 cuft (at 3000psi)

My head hurts.


first stage compressor cfm has nothing to do with fill times. Increasing the first stage pressure would reduce time as more work is done be stage 2 and 3. Heat would then become a problem.

I'm feeding mine a nominal 90psi. will check that out.
Maker of Bigbore Condor doing 466fpe
Trying to catch Cygnus :):)
User avatar
Voltar_1
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Canada

Postby Voltar_1 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:46 pm

Hooked the compressor to a Watt meter and 3,000psi is 265 Watts so about $0.03 per hour. Add the shop air make it 6 cents per hour! nothing to it.

Gonna hook her up to my 44 cu ft and see haow that goes. Need an AC clock to see how long it runs.

Walter....
Maker of Bigbore Condor doing 466fpe
Trying to catch Cygnus :):)
User avatar
Voltar_1
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Canada

Order list is closed

Postby Two Dogs » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:27 am

The order list is now closed.
Link here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthre ... ge=5&pp=30

QUOTE:
"The man from AGD
**** WE ARE OFFICIALLY CLOSED FOR ORDERS ******

At this point we have as many orders as we can handle for this first run of 100 units. Many people are not getting back to us with payment etc so we don't know if this is the actual end or not. Your welcome to continue to sign up here but we can't guarantee you a spot in the first run. We will however take you first in the next run in about 8-10 weeks.

Thanks for making the ShoeBox and my return to paintball a great success!

Tom"
Random avatar
Two Dogs
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 6:48 pm
Location: S.W. Indiana

Postby mamcrackin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:48 am

How long can you run the compressor before it needs a rest...??
------------------------------------------------------------
User avatar
mamcrackin
 
Posts: 5323
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Texas

Postby Voltar_1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:13 am

mamcrackin wrote:How long can you run the compressor before it needs a rest...??


Mam, it is built for continuous duty.
Maker of Bigbore Condor doing 466fpe
Trying to catch Cygnus :):)
User avatar
Voltar_1
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Canada

Postby mamcrackin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:43 am

Voltar_1 wrote:
mamcrackin wrote:How long can you run the compressor before it needs a rest...??


Mam, it is built for continuous duty.


Wow, it is impressive that it can run that long without over heating... I
thought you guys were filling in stages.... Nice... If this thing works out, this
guy will be really busy and hand pumps will become a thing of the past....
------------------------------------------------------------
User avatar
mamcrackin
 
Posts: 5323
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Texas

Postby Voltar_1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:49 am

For our 'bottle' guns I think it a great solution.

Any airgun that gets enough shots to allow it being topped up over night
perfect.

I was of the opinion that filling a SCUBA or such was beyond its capability but Tom corrected my thinking and said it will do it. Just need to allow the time. With the auto kick out just let her buck!

Walter....
Maker of Bigbore Condor doing 466fpe
Trying to catch Cygnus :):)
User avatar
Voltar_1
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Canada

Postby mamcrackin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:57 am

Voltar_1 wrote:For our 'bottle' guns I think it a great solution.

Any airgun that gets enough shots to allow it being topped up over night
perfect.

I was of the opinion that filling a SCUBA or such was beyond its capability but Tom corrected my thinking and said it will do it. Just need to allow the time. With the auto kick out just let her buck!

Walter....


Wow.. My experience was with the FX compressor and even though it was "liquid
cooled" I still had to let it cool down after topping off an AF bottle.... being
able to let that compressor run long enough to fill an 80cuft tank is mind
boggling...
------------------------------------------------------------
User avatar
mamcrackin
 
Posts: 5323
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Texas

Postby benneeb0y » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:52 pm

Yeah that little thing is seeming way f'n cool!!!
Random avatar
benneeb0y
 
Posts: 5973
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:29 pm
Location: Virginia

Postby gimmick » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:53 pm

Can't wait to see it go into mass production. I'd imagine Crosman would be a good candidate to take it on. Consumer air compressors at Home Depot / Lowes have gotten pretty cheap also.

My only concern is the moisture aspect. I know you can install a filter but I'm worried about the long term effects of people using the compressor chain without any moisture removal... The AF tanks are manufactured by Catalina's Cliff Impact Division... and the aluminum spec is most likely the same as SCUBA, i.e. tested and designed for breathing quality air. What happens when you repeatedly compress moist air between you're 5 year hydro's?
Random avatar
gimmick
 

Postby Voltar_1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:01 pm

gimmick wrote:Can't wait to see it go into mass production. I'd imagine Crosman would be a good candidate to take it on. Consumer air compressors at Home Depot / Lowes have gotten pretty cheap also.

My only concern is the moisture aspect. I know you can install a filter but I'm worried about the long term effects of people using the compressor chain without any moisture removal... The AF tanks are manufactured by Catalina's Cliff Impact Division... and the aluminum spec is most likely the same as SCUBA, i.e. tested and designed for breathing quality air. What happens when you repeatedly compress moist air between you're 5 year hydro's?


I don't follow the concern about moisture. The tanks are aluminum and moisture should be of little concern.


I'll check the dewpoint once I fill a bigger tank.
Maker of Bigbore Condor doing 466fpe
Trying to catch Cygnus :):)
User avatar
Voltar_1
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Canada

Postby gimmick » Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:59 pm

If moisture is no concern then why do our tanks need to be VI/12mo and HST/60mo by DOT and CT standards? And why does our SCUBA shop need to spend a fortune on moisture filters for their compressed air?

AL oxidizes too.
Random avatar
gimmick
 

Postby mamcrackin » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:01 pm

Oh OOOOOOH! I smell a storm a brewin....
------------------------------------------------------------
User avatar
mamcrackin
 
Posts: 5323
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:38 pm
Location: Texas

Postby Voltar_1 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:25 pm

gimmick wrote:If moisture is no concern then why do our tanks need to be VI/12mo and HST/60mo by DOT and CT standards? And why does our SCUBA shop need to spend a fortune on moisture filters for their compressed air?

AL oxidizes too.


Okay Gim, show me the chapter and verse.

The inspection is for stress cracking and suitability for service.

BTW Airforce tanks are exempt. Under 2" in diameter.

SCUBA air is for breathing and with the severe pressure drop inside the regulator freezing is of utmost concern.
Maker of Bigbore Condor doing 466fpe
Trying to catch Cygnus :):)
User avatar
Voltar_1
 
Posts: 2272
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:02 pm
Location: Canada

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 0 guests

x