New Home Forums Other Guns Other Guns my DAQ finally came Reply To: my DAQ finally came

just to put things into perspective….i have witnessed a tank valve fail (of my own design) it shot the stem out a .308″ OD stem….the tank a 868cc….went boom…..im talking like an m80 2 feet in front of me…the tank then flew 10 yards….through a B51, through a cardboard box for a floor speaker, with heavy duty foam inside….donw to the endwall…hit concrete…turned around and came back 10 yards…hitting the basement wall with such force that concrete chipped off

this was a stupid mistake by me from which i learned a great deal….dont make your valveseats too small….yes theres geat power to be had with small valve seats…but delrin do shrink with 3000 psi surrounding it

the tank when it took off would prolly have hurt to be hit by….but at 10 yards it would have gained enough speed to be VERY lethal

some devine spirit was definatly looking out for me that day, as i wasnt hit, and i was wearing hearing protection which i allmost never do working on the lathe…i was shell shocked for about 2 hours after …. that boom when it went off was insane