New Home Forums General Compressors, tanks and pumps Carette 4500 PSI Compressor Report Re: Carette 4500 PSI Compressor Report

DJBriez, if you do get a Carrette, the one thing about tear downs is that you really should NOT open the high side cylinder willy nilly. The high pressure cylinder head’s four bolts go through stainless steel washers that MUST be replaced. They are only SINGLE use. If you try to reuse them, you will see coolant seep up around those bolt heads. I tried when I did the tear down. New washers deform to create the correct seal.

Fortunately, there really isn’t much reason for an owner to take that cylinder apart until late in the compressor’s life span. There aren’t any rings to service. I had to open the high pressure cylinder to evaluate the condition of the cylinder after its 24 hour torture test. A normal user should just leave that alone.

Also, SOP should be to run the compressor with the bleed valve open for 3-4 minutes after each use.
That will ensure any residual moisture in the cylinders is blown out. I am now doing this with my Bauer Jr as well.

If this Carrette had existed just over a year ago, we would both know a LOT less about compressors and I would not own a Bauer. I guess we can thank Mrodair. 🙄