New Home Forums Airforce Rifles/Pistols NOOB question plus NOOB results Re: NOOB question plus NOOB results

I have Tony’s brass hammer and shroud on my 177 Condor SS and its pretty quiet. The pellet impact is louder than the hammer for sure and there is no muzzle exit noise I can hear between those two noises. I’m sure it makes a noise, but it happens so fast and is so quiet in between its not noticeable. Without the added shroud you can hear a tiny pffft, with the .177 its barely detectable.

The brass hammer makes a difference but man its expensive and its not like a night and day “OMG this thing is silent” difference. I dry fired it with an empty tank many times before and after installation. The stock hammer has a real PING to it and the brass hammer is more of a clunk, as you would expect from changing the two respective materials. I’m glad I installed it and have long forgotten about the luxurious expense, but don’t let your imagination get carried away with unrealistic expectations as to how much 80 dollars will buy you for sound reduction.

I wonder if some kind of plastic/foam/wood jacket around the action would be more effective and much lower in price? Probably hella ugly and may interfere with loading? Just thinking out loud on that one. Anyone tried that?