New Home Forums General Optics/Nightvision hawke tactical 6.5-20×42 or falcon menace 5.5-25×50 Re: hawke tactical 6.5-20×42 or falcon menace 5.5-25×50

quote 80 GRIT:

Hawke is no doubt a good scope. Many people here own them and use them. I had one briefly years ago but never even had time to evaluate it. One thing that I do not like is Mil/moa. I prefer Mil/Mil scopes.

Also, you should look at the Vortex line of scopes. I hear they are top notch quality, made in the USA…so far I have read a few good reviews.

SWFA SS scopes are hands down one of the best bang for you buck. And don’t forget The Bushnell elite FFP 6-24×50 tactical! Might be my future, first Bushy purchase!!! 😀

Also, keep in mind the main purpose you will be using this rifle scope for. If you are hunting small game then a FFP with a mil dot reticle might not be a good choice as the dots will increase in size along with the magnification and your target will disappear behind the mil dot. This won’t be a problem with a hash mark reticle or some hollow mil dot reticles, etc.

There is not a single vortex scope made in the USA. If you do a search they have different manufacture locations based on which line it is. They are made in Japan, Philippines and from what i have read the cheap crossfire was made in china.