Cygnus X wrote:why do you guys keep visiting the the YF it sucks...and censored like letters from a concentration camp...uses and old style forum style that sucks to navigate
AirgunAdvice.net has been up and running for years now...a modern forum, many of the YF's hang out there too...moderation is mostly limited to gory pics of dead critters
just dont get it.... boycot YF...lets get rid of that nostalgic piece of shit
of course when selling you want to hit as broad crowd as possible....
You have been severely misinformed. Airgunadvice has a shit load of rules and their moderators have chased off almost all of their posters. At one time it was a busy forum and now it is essentially a ghost town and has all been abandoned by its owner Killer B. They banned knifemaker for just disagreeing with them on moderators . Some people were allowed to discuss them there but they decided knifemaker was not one of them. Then when he caught Oykas pimping some knock off scopes over there they got super pissed at him for pointing out they were knock offs.
Here are the rules they have posted there.
The following standards of moderation will be applied to AirgunAdvice:
1. The following will not tolerated AT ALL, an immediate action will be taken:
Nudity of any type
Personal Attacks/Insults, name calling directed at a Member(s)
2. Posts that are obvious baiting and/or looking for trouble will be deleted, repeat offenders will be BANNED!!!.
3. Posts that may bring unwanted attention or discredit to airgunning will be deleted.
4. All I.P. addresses are logged for the protection of this forum and it's members.
5. At anytime we feel that the integrity of this forum is threatened by any message posted on this forum. The offending message and IP logs of anyone involved will be handed over to the proper authorities!
6. No talk or pictures of the ILLEGAL killing of animals, or miss use of Airguns that would put our sport in a bad light will not be tolerated. Repeat offenders will be banned from this site.
7. No links in signature lines to other Airgun Forums without the consent of ADMIN.
8. Please do not take PMs that you received from other members and re-post them either in whole or in part on the general forum for all to see. PMs are called Private Messages for a reason, so please keep them PRIVATE. If you have a problem with a member contact me, and I will deal with it.
9. Don't complain on the general forum about the way this website is run, or why posts got deleted. Email or PM me (Killer-B) a explanation or read these rules.
10. You may have 1 picture in your Avatar, and if you choose to but a picture in your signature line you may have just one, but it must be on the small side so as not to be confused with a actual post with a picture in it. I will contact you by PM if I feel the size is to big.
11. Users that are exposed for having Multiple different identities on this board will be banned.
12. If we the Moderators or Admin feel that a Thread is becoming repetative, and nothing new being added to the topic we will Lock the Thread.
There have been members in the past that have complained when their post has been deleted on this forum, that their "FREE SPEECH" rights have been violated. Since this is a private forum "FREE SPEECH" does not apply...... our site has Rules, some less restrictive then other forums, and some more restrictive. See rule #9.
Posts that will not be deleted include good arguments among members involving specs, performance, etc. of airguns or associated equipment/supplies. It is good to hear both sides and the input from many, but again no personal attacks, name calling and the like.
Also if a member has NEVER posted a single post on this forum, after a period of 6 months to a year their membership will be deleted from the database, this is in an effort to keep the board alive with active members.
Your cooperation will be most appreciated.