Super Soaker in the house!

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing, Wingman NZ

iride

Re: Super Soaker in the house!

Postby iride » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:23 am

Man I wish I had that little machine Donny,
I do good with a hack saw PVC pipe, and making walking sticks,
I found out my accident my walking sticks double as shooting sticks,
I think Greg called it a K.I .S.S system. That's me, Keep it simple and short, KISS or something like that, :rofl:
Sure glad Hoot is not on here he would slaughter me on that one, :rofl:
Mike
West Texas, home of all the rivers
22 Cricket
25 Cricket
P 17 pistols Three
Mutant 22 Listone barrel & CZ barrel

donnyfl

Postby donnyfl » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:38 am

Machines are just as addicting as airguns to me. I just keep buying more. I have a monopod shooting stick that I also use as a walking stick. Maybe because I suck at shooting offhand but it find that the mono version is very hard to steady unless you're leaning up against something for more support. http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Monopod- ... 306141002/

I think my pvc shrouds are hard to beat man :) Very effective

iride wrote:Man I wish I had that little machine Donny,
I do good with a hack saw PVC pipe, and making walking sticks,
I found out my accident my walking sticks double as shooting sticks,
I think Greg called it a K.I .S.S system. That's me, Keep it simple and short, KISS or something like that, :rofl:
Sure glad Hoot is not on here he would slaughter me on that one, :rofl:
Mike

birdman

Postby birdman » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:07 am

Donnyfl , the biggest mistake that most shooters make wither they are shooting free hand or with some type of
shooting support is #1 breathing control along with proper finger placement on the trigger . You must always
shoot on the exhale . Shooting while holding ones' breath is a big no-no as well as shooting on the inhale . When
shooting on the inhale your lungs will expand and even though you do not realize it your upper torso will shift and
will make your shot high from your point of aim and also make your shot to go right or left depending if you are
shooting left or right handed . Shooting while holding your breath will also take away from your point of aim because
it will rush your shot because of your need to take a breath of air and be able to breathe . Finger trigger placement
is also a very important process in shooting so that you do not pull the trigger too hard to the left or right which will
also make your point of aim shift . Proper breathing control and proper finger trigger placement will help you to get
that ONE - SHOT - ONE - KILL . :5:

GKU

Postby GKU » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:02 pm

When shooting standing shooting free hand one need to add in the gun onto their body mass.
In order to balance it in, it usually means u need to lean your upper body back a bit and take the shot at the "sweet spot".

Kirsten Joy Weiss

The sweet spot, is taken at the end of ones breath or at the bottom of, and between a chosen heart beat.
Ones cardiovascular health is not taken lightly in the world of precision shooting .......

..... .. sweeeeet your shop is Donny !!

~ Greg
Edgun Matador R3M 22 std / SWFA SS 3-15x42 FFP
Subject to change without prior notice .....

donnyfl

Postby donnyfl » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:18 pm

Thanks for the tips birdman and GKU, I definitely have a habit of holding my breadth. Gonna work on killing that habit :) My workshop expanded a lot Greg. Always it hing to buy something new.

iride

Postby iride » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Donny
I think Zonk is still using the PVC shrouds.
I still got my Cricket 22 and 25 PVC shrouds,
I need to post up if someone to donate 15 bucks to the form I would send them to them free, (USA only)
Just taking up space.
Fat boys rule , :winkn: :winkn:
Mike
West Texas, home of all the rivers
22 Cricket
25 Cricket
P 17 pistols Three
Mutant 22 Listone barrel & CZ barrel

GKU

Postby GKU » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:14 am

PVC reduces the pitch of the muzzle blast where the human ears are the most sensitive, in the 2,000 and 5,000 Hz range.
It pushes it down and increases it in the range from 40-80 HZ where the human ear in not all that sensitive.
Also the DBL at the lower frequency 40-80 is less then the frequency at 2-5k before the mod, because the lower frequency takes more energy to produce.

Seems like the total energy is always there, it just changes pitch when adding an LCD tricking us to think it's quieter.
.......... kind of like, matter can't be created or destroyed it just changes form.

That's one of the main reasons why a sound DBL meters seem the have bionic ears/mic and pick up all the frequency band levels, some even the ones we can't hear. Making the readings seem louder when are ear perceive it to be softer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fletcher% ... son_curves

PVC is a pain in the ass to get it to be affixed onto an air gun without alignment issues securely with no creeping or moments there after.

I still have my PVC SOS ...... But, yah Mike is right ...... FAT BOY ... ROCKS MAN !

~ Greg ~ Warning, this is a drunken post .......... buuuuuuuuuuurp

birdman

Postby birdman » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:18 am

GKU , great picture of the female in the best proper shooting stance . A women is the only person that can make that
shooting stance because of their pelvis shape which allows them to be able to lock their elbow into their body .
That is why women are able to not only shoot as well as men in free style but also to be able to out shoot men in
the free style shooting position . Remember that Annie Oakley was the best free style shooter the World has ever seen
and no male shooter has ever been able to match her shooting abilities .

GKU

Postby GKU » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:30 am

Yes, we men can only try but without locking.

.... a real numb nuts would buy the second calendar ?

~ Greg

Ginuwine

Postby Ginuwine » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Hey "D" finally made some time to do some real testing to GET to KNOW my Impact. I've had my Impact 25 CAL for about month now and finally got around to running a full shot string thru the chrony and doing some grouping to she how she does over 60 full shots with no adjustments. In doing so i found out she likes them a little faster than i had averaged the FPS to be and a little slower as well, so i made some adjustments and if the weather is good tomorrow I will try it again. I believe it fell off the regulator at shot 49. I'm sure everyone is familiar with this target the circles are 1" best groups are 1/2 most groups measure out to 3/4 inch, the target was measured out at 50 yard, shooting MK1's five shots per circle. I've average out each five shot group from the chrony numbers.

The regulator is set to about 135-137 Bar, Valve spring set to 3, power wheel on 5.
.22 Kalibr Cricket std - Hawke Varmint 4x16.
.25 Vulcan Tactic - MTC Optisan Viper 6x24.
.25 FX Impact - SWFA 16x42.

donnyfl

Postby donnyfl » Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:59 pm

At least it's showing some consistency compared to the other times. I haven't had the chance to shoot at all the past few weeks. Busy with another side project.

Ginuwine wrote:Hey "D" finally made some time to do some real testing to GET to KNOW my Impact. I've had my Impact 25 CAL for about month now and finally got around to running a full shot string thru the chrony and doing some grouping to she how she does over 60 full shots with no adjustments. In doing so i found out she likes them a little faster than i had averaged the FPS to be and a little slower as well, so i made some adjustments and if the weather is good tomorrow I will try it again. I believe it fell off the regulator at shot 49. I'm sure everyone is familiar with this target the circles are 1" best groups are 1/2 most groups measure out to 3/4 inch, the target was measured out at 50 yard, shooting MK1's five shots per circle. I've average out each five shot group from the chrony numbers.

The regulator is set to about 135-137 Bar, Valve spring set to 3, power wheel on 5.

kris

Postby kris » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:33 am

thats poor, i would return it.

according to AGN an Impact can do as good as SD of 1!!!!

with pellets weight spread of 5%RSD
read here
http://www.airgunnation.com/topic/stand ... impact-30/

:rofl:

they set the bar quite high heee. amazing.
Vulcan .177
Vulcan .25 wow
HW100KS .22 with BSA barrel
HW100KT .177 with long BSA barrel and A&M cylinder

RONIN001

Postby RONIN001 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:28 am

Well Tominco also sold off his Impact and extra barrels. If its your best gun getting SD 1 why would you sell it.... Oh he is not a bullpup guy if I remember correctly and he did get the rifle for free from FX owner Fredrik at 2015 EBR to my understanding (hand picked and polished EBR rifles).

Ginuwine

Postby Ginuwine » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:53 pm

Think some people expect too much, I'm happy with it overall and will be keeping it for a long time. Will still try and fine tune the accuracy out at 75/100 yards but is getting the job done, and at the end of the day that's all that matters.
.22 Kalibr Cricket std - Hawke Varmint 4x16.
.25 Vulcan Tactic - MTC Optisan Viper 6x24.
.25 FX Impact - SWFA 16x42.

Return to “FX Bullpups”