Please identify this part(foreign ) object

Any threads that are Kalibr specific should go in here.

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing, Wingman NZ

HeineKevin
New User

Please identify this part(foreign ) object

Postby HeineKevin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:31 am

Cricket Standart .22 .Never had any cocking / valve problems . Bought it in 2013.
First shot today after a week in the safe ,cocked loaded pellets pulled trigger and just a ping from the valve . Happend 3 times .
Called Wingman ... under his advice I did dropped the pressure ,tried to fire - no go and the gun would not cock now ..removed and disassembled the valve . That was good .

Removed receiver plate everything working well .
Removed trigger and sears , found hammer was stuck in the fired position . Knocked it out with a punch ...with a torch could see something was jammed against the hole where the hammer hits the valve stem on the inside of the receiver looking from the back where the HTS screws in .
Removed it .. looked at the diagrams and part list but cannot identify this bit of spring steel ..or were it broke off from ......

Put everything together and did the o ring mod on the screw as per ER video.
If fires ,mag revolves when it is cocked ......... will grease everything in the receiver tomorrow ..

What is this pice of spring steel causing the hammer to jam....is it part of the gun ?

Wingman I am in you debt ,send me an invouice....

Pics below

Thanks
HK
Attachments
IMG_0788.JPG
IMG_0787.JPG
Last edited by HeineKevin on Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

GKU

Re: Please identify this part(foreign ) object

Postby GKU » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:52 am

I never seen that part before ........ probably a factory workers shim jig/tool left or fell in there by accident ?

If it's .5 mm thick or less, I'd use it to help me position the cocking levers pinion washer(s).

~ Greg
Cricket Compact 177 / SWFA SS 3-15x42 FFP
Subject to change without prior notice .....

SaltwaterSlick

Postby SaltwaterSlick » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:59 pm

Never seen anything like that in my crickets either... If you bought it used, could be the previous owner may have shimmed something for alignment or something... maybe the cocking lever or something... Sure don't look like part of anything I've eve seen in my crickets... Only really flat metal pieces I've seen is in the trigger/linkage/stage adjustment like you did the mod to, but don't know how that would get "inside" the gun... I dunno...

anomad
New User

Postby anomad » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:26 pm

That's like getting your car back from the shop and finding a part or tool left under the hood. "Great, I wonder what else they forgot?"

HeineKevin
New User

Postby HeineKevin » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi

I bought the gun New .
It was serviced but the receiver was never touched.
The spring steel is about .2 mm thick ....

The mystery continues.....BUT the most important thing is the gun is back in buisiness again

HH

Return to “Kalibrgun”