It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:33 am

Welcome to TalonAirgun.com Guest!    Register  Or performs the  Login       

Information: The foremost Website for the discussion and tuning of AirForce Airguns

Received my "Knock-off" Atlas Bipod today !

All general BullPups chat to go in here.

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing, Wingman NZ

Re: Received my "Knock-off" Atlas Bipod today !

Postby Sir Ville » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:49 am

No,no,no Coda - That´s totally wrong ! According to some people the rule is this : If you buy an expensive airgun you´re just a cheap bastard if you don´t invest in an expensive toilet bowl as well - and the most expensive paper to wipe your ass with once you own that expensive seat. And the shower curtain in Egyptian cotton is also mandatory. If you own an 2000$ air rifle then the least amount your bipod has to cost is 400$. You cheap bastard ! :mrgreen:
Gamo Hunter 890 cal. 177 ARH/Maccari GRTIII
HW 97 Black Line STL cal. 20 Vortek PG2 SOLD
2 x EdGun Matador R3 cal. 22 SOLD
KalibrGun Cricket WST cal. 25, Delta Ti 4.5-30x50
KalibrGun Cricket Compact cal. 177 on order - to be Crowned with a Delta Ti 4.5-30x50
Sir Ville

Postby Urgirlinmyjetta » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:01 am

I hate when people say that..."you have a $2000 gun" your only going to use a $20 bipod?....fuck you....if it does the job than its good enough for me....if you can afford a $300 bipod to make your ego feel better than good for you.
Edgun matador R3 .22 Cal
Gamo Whisper .177
Qb78 .177
Urgirlinmyjetta

Postby acourvil » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:07 am

SECoda wrote:$60 more just for the quick release mount version is just a rip-off.

They don't produce that mount, and if you buy it separately, it's more than $60.

You don't have to buy their product if you think it is not worth the price.
acourvil

Postby acourvil » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:18 am

Urgirlinmyjetta wrote:....if you can afford a $300 bipod to make your ego feel better than good for you.

Sounds like someone is feeling inadequate.
acourvil

Postby SECoda » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:50 am

I'd rather buy it try it and then complain about it if it deserves it. :x More than $60 is just insane.

acourvil wrote:
SECoda wrote:$60 more just for the quick release mount version is just a rip-off.

They don't produce that mount, and if you buy it separately, it's more than $60.

You don't have to buy their product if you think it is not worth the price.
SECoda

Birds Of A Feather...

Postby Machine Gun » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:34 pm

Bla,bla, bla.....
No matter how you slice it up, any USA citizen who supports a Chinese company that is producing these counterfeited goods is probably morally bankrupt. Additionally and more importantly, any USA citizen who is illegally importing counterfeit goods into the USA is breaking the law. That's it, period. So, all the rhetoric is just a side show to defend bad behavior. You're breaking the law whether you think this is the same old story, whether you think the genuine is overpriced or whatever; importing counterfeited goods into the USA is illegal.

The owners of Atlas have a patented product which they earn a living from. If you don't like the price of something, don't buy it. However, there is no excuse for breaking the law.
Best ,

Machine Gun :4:

Owner of a few Airguns.
Ok, owner of a lot of airguns.
Ok, ok, owner of too damn many airguns! :-)
It's a sickness - airgunitis
Machine Gun

Postby zocoloco » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:18 pm

Yess !!!

The original is back in stock and available for us lowbreads outside the US at a fairly reasonable price......!!!!! :D

Just ordered two more !!! :D

:D

PS: And believe me, I would NOT have done that if the product hadn't been outstanding......!!! :D

Postby SECoda » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:39 pm

Here is an HK airsoft outlet selling Magpul-PTS products which is the company licensing the US manufactures products under the airsoft designation. Legal or not?

ACI BT10 Atlas Bipod $48 and free shipping.

http://airsoftcart.com/249-aci-bt10-atlas-bipod.html

Here is the PTS license agreement with B&T

NEW LICENSE AGREEMENTS AND INCREASED DEMAND LEADS TO NEW PTS MANAGEMENT GROUP WEBSITE

PTS carves out it’s own niche with expanded licensing agreements

HONG KONG– MAY 22, 2012–As part of PTS’s (Professional Training & Simulation) continuing growth in the professional training and recreational airsoft category, PTS Management Group announces new relationships with several brands and in turn launches a new website http://www.magpul-pts.com

What began for PTS Management Group as a focused licensing relationship with Magpul Industries Corp. to produce airsoft products has now expanded to include partnerships with a variety of other brands. These include Advanced Armament Corporation (AAC), BattleComp, B&T Industries (Accu-shot Precision Monopod and ATLAS Bipods), Falcon Industries (Ergo Grip), GoGun USA, Iron Ridge Arms, Mega Arms, Rainier Arms, Tactical Intent, US Palm and Young Manufacturing. This new strategic direction will allow PTS to bring new airsoft-compatible accessories to market via worldwide distribution and licensing opportunities with a variety of other brands.

Samuel Lam, Managing Director of PTS elaborated, “This new direction will offer us the flexibility to pursue a number of opportunities to enhance the PTS brand and the first step in expanding our brand is our new website.”

The new site is designed to offer visitors an immersive, more social experience while offering a variety of exciting content. As part of the total redesign are more robust and detailed product highlights and descriptions designed to help visitors see more of what makes PTS products so coveted. Completing the shopping experience is a more streamlined e-commerce component.

“As we’ve continued to grow and expand, we knew it was important to create an environment that supported the PTS lifestyle. By offering a blog, training tips, a link to our Facebook page, and Twitter feeds, we’ve taken the important first steps in supporting the PTS culture that has sprung up world-wide over the past couple years. We are committed to building on the forward momentum we’ve created by continuing to develop and offer training equipment that is second to none”, Lam added.

PTS Management Group is based in Hong Kong. For more information, contact Sam Lam.
SECoda

Postby Urgirlinmyjetta » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:48 pm

acourvil wrote:
Urgirlinmyjetta wrote:....if you can afford a $300 bipod to make your ego feel better than good for you.

Lmao far from it buddy...my thoughts on the matter is if I use a wooden stick as a monopod and it works...who are you to try and make me buy something that does the same thing for more money....what works for me might not work for you....but if your the type to be pressured into buying something because you feel left behind than you be that follower and ill lead my own way.
Edgun matador R3 .22 Cal
Gamo Whisper .177
Qb78 .177
Urgirlinmyjetta

Postby acourvil » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Urgirlinmyjetta wrote:
acourvil wrote:

Lmao far from it buddy...my thoughts on the matter is if I use a wooden stick as a monopod and it works...who are you to try and make me buy something that does the same thing for more money....what works for me might not work for you....but if your the type to be pressured into buying something because you feel left behind than you be that follower and ill lead my own way.

Nope, just don't have any desire to make derisive comments about other people based on the products they chose. Enjoy your own choices.
acourvil

Postby Machine Gun » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:33 pm

SECoda wrote:Here is an HK airsoft outlet selling Magpul-PTS products which is the company licensing the US manufactures products under the airsoft designation. Legal or not?

NEW LICENSE AGREEMENTS AND INCREASED DEMAND LEADS TO NEW PTS MANAGEMENT GROUP WEBSITE

HONG KONG– MAY 22, 2012–As part of PTS’s (Professional Training & Simulation) continuing growth in the professional training and recreational airsoft category, PTS Management Group announces new relationships with several brands and in turn launches a new website http://www.magpul-pts.com

What began for PTS Management Group as a focused licensing relationship with Magpul Industries Corp. to produce airsoft products has now expanded to include partnerships with a variety of other brands. These include Advanced Armament Corporation (AAC), BattleComp, B&T Industries (Accu-shot Precision Monopod and ATLAS Bipods), Falcon Industries (Ergo Grip), GoGun USA, Iron Ridge Arms, Mega Arms, Rainier Arms, Tactical Intent, US Palm and Young Manufacturing. This new strategic direction will allow PTS to bring new airsoft-compatible accessories to market via worldwide distribution and licensing opportunities with a variety of other brands.

Samuel Lam, Managing Director of PTS elaborated, “This new direction will offer us the flexibility to pursue a number of opportunities to enhance the PTS brand and the first step in expanding our brand is our new website.”

The new site is designed to offer visitors an immersive, more social experience while offering a variety of exciting content. As part of the total redesign are more robust and detailed product highlights and descriptions designed to help visitors see more of what makes PTS products so coveted. Completing the shopping experience is a more streamlined e-commerce component.

“As we’ve continued to grow and expand, we knew it was important to create an environment that supported the PTS lifestyle. By offering a blog, training tips, a link to our Facebook page, and Twitter feeds, we’ve taken the important first steps in supporting the PTS culture that has sprung up world-wide over the past couple years. We are committed to building on the forward momentum we’ve created by continuing to develop and offer training equipment that is second to none”, Lam added.

PTS Management Group is based in Hong Kong. For more information, contact Sam Lam.

The agreement you quote is legal however the bipod shown in your link is not. The agreement was for the model shown in my photo #1 below which is for the V7 model. The V7 is the only model that is licensed for air soft use or otherwise.

The model shown in photo #2 below or any variation of that model is NOT licensed. If you notice in your link, there are the adjustment buttons for the legs which are not shown in the licensed V7 model shown in photo #1 below. Therefore the model shown in your link is counterfeit.

Additionally, Magpul PTS is the distributor who holds the licensing agreements. The link in the article which you quoted here: http://www.magpul-pts.com does not show Greenbase or your link to airsoftcart.com as being part of their dealer network. Here is a link to their dealer network:
http://www.magpul-pts.com/magpul-pts-dealers.html

Photo #1:
Here is the V7 which was the only model licensed for Airsoft use. Anything else is a counterfeit unit.

Photo #2:
Here is the V8 which is NOT licensed for Airsoft use:
Best ,

Machine Gun :4:

Owner of a few Airguns.
Ok, owner of a lot of airguns.
Ok, ok, owner of too damn many airguns! :-)
It's a sickness - airgunitis
Machine Gun

Postby yellowyak » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:14 pm

Machine Gun wrote:
SECoda wrote:Here is an HK airsoft outlet selling Magpul-PTS products which is the company licensing the US manufactures products under the airsoft designation. Legal or not?

The agreement you quote is legal however the bipod shown in your link is not. The agreement was for the model shown in my photo #1 below which is for the V7 model. The V7 is the only model that is licensed for air soft use or otherwise.

The model shown in photo #2 below or any variation of that model is NOT licensed. If you notice in your link, there are the adjustment buttons for the legs which are not shown in the licensed V7 model shown in photo #1 below. Therefore the model shown in your link is counterfeit.

Additionally, Magpul PTS is the distributor who holds the licensing agreements. The link in the article which you quoted here: http://www.magpul-pts.com does not show Greenbase or your link to airsoftcart.com as being part of their dealer network. Here is a link to their dealer network:
http://www.magpul-pts.com/magpul-pts-dealers.html

Photo #1:
Here is the V7 which was the only model licensed for Airsoft use. Anything else is a counterfeit unit.

Photo #2:
Here is the V8 which is NOT licensed for Airsoft use:

isn't the V7 the first generation and the V8 is the updated version?
http://forum.snipershide.com/s4-sniper% ... vs-v8.html
Random avatar
yellowyak

Postby Sir Ville » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:18 am

zocoloco wrote:Yess !!!

The original is back in stock and available for us lowbreads outside the US at a fairly reasonable price......!!!!! :D

Just ordered two more !!! :D

:D

PS: And believe me, I would NOT have done that if the product hadn't been outstanding......!!! :D

Now it starts to creep down to a more reasonable price level.
KalibrGun Cricket Compact cal. 177 on order - to be Crowned with a Delta Ti 4.5-30x50
Sir Ville

Postby steeldreams007 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:06 am

Thank you Mr Z for the splendid review on the Knock-off Atlas.

Would you consider donating that piece of piracy to someone with a birthday in a few days? :)

I have never had a bipod before.. original nor counterfiet... :cry:
Random avatar
steeldreams007

Postby SECoda » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:10 am

Now negotiate another 10% discount and you'll be in business. :) I got two for $502 plus $15 shipping.
SECoda

Postby Sir Ville » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:42 pm

If i could buy one of those for 250$ i´d do it just for the sake of it. It costs over 3800 Swedish Crowns in retail. That folks is around 550 USD a piece. That is the sole reason i haven´t got one.
Sir Ville

Postby Sir Ville » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:51 pm

steeldreams007 wrote:Thank you Mr Z for the splendid review on the Knock-off Atlas.

Would you consider donating that piece of piracy to someone with a birthday in a few days? :)

You can get one by making your own smallish donation (45$) to Greenbase in Singapore. You´ll feel better knowing you´ve helped a poor Chinese family in their desperate quest for better life ... :mrgreen:
Sir Ville

Postby SECoda » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:59 pm

With the holiday here on the 4th I suspect I won't see my GB order till Monday or so. :cry:

Sir Ville wrote:
steeldreams007 wrote:Thank you Mr Z for the splendid review on the Knock-off Atlas.

You can get one by making your own smallish donation (45$) to Greenbase in Singapore. You´ll feel better knowing you´ve helped a poor Chinese family in their desperate quest for better life ... :mrgreen:
SECoda

Postby Demp223 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:10 am

Mine was delivered today and I'll pick up from office tomorrow for a thorough once over compared to the real deal before field testing.
I bought it due to being licensed copy and hopefully it will be fine on the less used 22 Matador that I let friends shoot.
Edgun Matador R3 22 long-20fpe
Edgun Matador R3 25 long(new reg version)50fpe

TEAM EDGUN
-Field Target, USA-
Demp223

Postby steeldreams007 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:26 am

SECoda wrote:With the holiday here on the 4th I suspect I won't see my GB order till Monday or so. :cry:

Sir Ville wrote:

SEC, I would also be very interested to read your review on the GB Atlas too...
Random avatar
steeldreams007

PreviousNext

Return to BullPup General Chat