Q:

EDgun English video manual

Hope it will help a little bit with your EDguns. Sorry for my bad English, wasn’t any practice for 10 years at least πŸ™‚

EdGun

All Replies

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

1 2

Bloody me, wanted to write hundred πŸ™‚ Besides I am ten more time right πŸ™‚

quote Ed:

…You should remember that working pressure is 200 bar, ten times more then in your car’s tire πŸ™‚ If you got the flat tire you just repair it and pump again, no trouble, here the same situation.

Ed

Ha-ha, 200 is 10 times 20, right. So what are you driving Ed? A Kamaz? Or something bigger perhaps that needs e 20 BAR tire pressure!!!

πŸ˜†

As for the lubrication. Most parts are anodized aluminum. Unfortunately that surface sucks the lubrication inside. So, even if I put a lot of lubrication on it — it can be dry very soon. I cannot put a kilo of lubrication on it to be sure it will not be dry in a while. So, time to time you need to greese your gun. Few times, the anodized alluminum gets as much lubrication as it needs and they problem is over. That is why some people say “Hey, look, it was dry I put the new lubricant on and now it is OK, why ED dosn’ do it?!” The point is that they just have no idea about that feature and it seems to them they are completely correct. The same thing with the O-rings, that is why we remove the galvanized surface from the place where O-rings should be places. Otherwise they got dry and the reservoir can leak. That happened before and can happen now. You should remember that working pressure is 200 bar, ten times more then in your car’s tire πŸ™‚ If you got the flat tire you just repair it and pump again, no trouble, here the same situation.

Ed

You didn’t sold me the orings kit. You gave me , and others, out of the kindness of your heart, free of charge, and shipment was included in the price πŸ™‚ . Unfortunately, your kit did not had this type of oring included either. Biggest one you’ve sent was one with 10mm diameter.

I’ve looked again now so I can be sure. Yours and Ed’s. It doesn’t matter. I love you anyway. I look at the barrel like I have a debt but I’ll try to bypass this feeling. At least every time I shoot bad I have something to blame.

I have regular grease and silicon grease, both high grade ones. I just wanted to know which one to grease with, and where. In Ed’s video of assembling the R3, if the brown is the regular one and the green is the silicon one, than this is the type of answer I am looking for.

I don’t want to blame you Ed, because I know you are thorough, but you must know that some employees that you have don’t bother with lots of stuff when assembling the guns. It would be a great idea to put some surveillance cameras in your factory.

Not one screw had grease on it. They were dry as a bone and some of them were screwed so tight that they broke my hex wrench. The hammer where he puts green grease in the video, has never seen grease in his entire life. The silencer was screwed in careless and the tip oring was cut doing that. The good part is the broken oring had grease more than enough on it. I don’t even know if there weren’t supposed to be one or two more orings beside the one on the tip. There are grooves for two more orings. Knowing that, I wonder how many other things will go wrong with my gun in time.

Maybe was the custom officers to blame … or the Estonian connection. I don’t know. But Ed should know and he should do something about that. If this is a problem that can’t be fixed than he should tell us the procedure that we must follow when we get the gun so we can prepare it for many years of problems free air-gunning. Even if that means stripping the gun and assembling her all over again, by the book.

Ed, if you read this, please send one or two orings for the tip of the barrel, along with the spare valve that I’ve ordered, and paid with the gun, but didn’t get. I know you forgot because I forget things also.

Also, although I seem a little upset, this the calmest post I’ve ever made and should be taken accordingly.

DVDRW, I think that I sold you one of the Matador O ring kits. If you got one, it has the needed O rings for the front shroud tube. My R3 also had a broken O ring in the front shroud tube and I took it out. When I got the O rings in for the kits, I put an O ring in and I didn’t notice any difference in accuracy or noise with or without the O ring.

Mobilgrease XHP 222 Special is dark grey and looks similar to the grease that Ed uses. If you can’t find it locally, look for a brand name Multipurpose High-Performance Lithium Grease that has Moly in it.

Ed,

I see you put 2 kinds of grease on the screws and other parts of the R3. Brown and green. Are they silicon grease or regular grease?

I have to reassemble the gun and need to know what kind to put on screws , hammer and trigger assembly.

Oldgoat or someone else, if you know this by trial and error or just because you’re smart, please post here.

Also,
do you know if the O-ring at the shooting end of the barrel, when unscrewing the silencer, is missing, will it affect accuracy ? Mine came cut and I took it off and screw the silencer back without it. I plan to replace it but there were not in the o-rings send by Ed with the gun. I’ll see what I can do.

quote -Mischief:

My only complaint would be that it was a bit hard to hear but I assume you were speaking softly, so not to wake the baby.

You nailed it. I’d rather inconvenience 1000 youtube viewers than to wake that kid. πŸ™‚
I could put it to death-metal music like most gun videos…

Nice! So it is as easy as I was hoping it was. Great vid! My only complaint would be that it was a bit hard to hear but I assume you were speaking softly, so not to wake the baby πŸ˜‰
I know ALL about that…I have 5!

me too!

quote Ted in Madison:

I’m actually working on one… It will be under the youtube username “EdgunUSA”. I have the video done, but I need to compress it for upload.

In short, you slide that double-oring probe into the front hole and fill er up. The orientation of the probe does not matter. The air pressure “locks” the probe in place. It’s a pretty slick system – similar (possibly identical) to FX airguns.

Awesome! Can’t wait to see it!

I’m actually working on one… It will be under the youtube username “EdgunUSA”. I have the video done, but I need to compress it for upload.

In short, you slide that double-oring probe into the front hole and fill er up. The orientation of the probe does not matter. The air pressure “locks” the probe in place. It’s a pretty slick system – similar (possibly identical) to FX airguns.

I just got my forst Edgun!!! Whoohoo! The manual and CD are in Russian LOL. I found these videos very informative but they are for after I shoot the gun…what about a video showing how to air it up and proper setup? That would be awesome. Does anyone know of one?

ed,
thanks for the great videos, and guns, I am so happy with my matador

quote Ed:

In fact I consider coming to the forum where people, who owns or interesting in my guns are chating as a normal thing. The point is that I still consider it as kind of hobby but no business

That’s whats make you a special person and a successful person….

Hats off to you chief !!!! :8

My prayers for your success……..

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

1 2
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.