best hunting rifle?

All general AirForce chat to go in here.

Moderators: PANDEMIC, WalkonKing, Y

StandingMan
New User

best hunting rifle?

Postby StandingMan » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:31 pm

Hello i live in California which is a great place for air rifle hunting. I have never been air rifle hunting but I am interested in hunting Jack Rabbits. Its a bigger tougher "Bunny" then most. So my concern is i need a good rifle to insure that I get a good clean kill. so i need accuracy and "Stopping power" so i ruled out the .177 for what i feel i need. I'm looking mostly at .22 and i found a few that look good to me. I then further narrowed it down by wanting to not pump the gun every time, meaning I'm looking for a PcP rifle. Looking further into what I want Accuracy would be a necessity. So lets recap.

I Need:
-Accuracy
-PcP

I Have Looked At:
Benjamin Marauder
Evanix speed
Evanix blizzard
Evanix rainstorm II
Evanix Giant
Kalibrgun Cricket

All are .22 and PcP if i remember correctly. i just want to hear from people who use these guns and see what would be the best fit for me.

Rrdstarr

Re: best hunting rifle?

Postby Rrdstarr » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Scroll down to hunting and do your research.
http://www.talonairgun.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9
Pardini K10, (4) Crosman MK I .22, Brocock Concept .22, Talon SS .22, TalonP .25, Mrodair CP-1M .22 and .177

birdman

Postby birdman » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:49 am

Rrd , first the best rabbit gun would be a .22 Lr . cal. rim fire rifle . Second since you want to shoot rabbits with
the best air rifle you really need to decide what caliber would be best to kill with . Main question is at what would
be the longest range that you wish to harvest the rabbit at . First I would forget anything in .177 . Now that will
open the caliber from .22 , .25 , to .30 caliber . Which gun , rifle , carbine , bullpup , well that is personal like
sex , what makes your dick hard the best ? Blond , Redhead , Burnet , or bald ? The larger caliber can go from a
smaller grain to a larger grain pellet or even a custom made slug depending on the farthest distance you wish to
to shoot the rabbit also it could involve a custom gun to be made for you . Like I said the farthest distance will be
your main focus to work with . Hope my input may have been of some help .

onebaddj

Postby onebaddj » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:05 pm

What distance, what budget?
"I wanst born with enough middle fingers"
Marolyn Manson.

Return to “General Chat”